The prices throughout this site include GST (US, Canadian, and UK site excluded). So you can be confident of price stability. At Jaycar, we make every endeavour to maintain prices on our website. However, factors beyond our control (such as changes in foreign currency exchange rates, changes in base material costs, etc.) may vary costs and we reserve the right to amend prices accordingly. We reserve the right to amend or cancel any promotion at any time, without notice. Reseller/Stockist pricing - if not a company owned store please confirm pricing with your local agent.
At Jaycar we are constantly seeking new products and due to the rapid developments within the electronics industry some products on this website may become obsolete or discontinued during its life. In the event of this happening we apologise for the inconvenience and where possible will substitute a similar product of equal or better quality.
Occasionally, due to reasons beyond our control, new products may be delayed from the time they are posted on the website. The Techstore will notify you if the product is not yet available.
Jaycar warranty period is 3 months from the date of purchase, unless otherwise stated in the catalogue.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
If any defect in materials or workmanship in product sold by Jaycar is identified and notified to us within the warranty period then we will, at our discretion repair or replace the product. Jaycar does not accept any liability beyond this for consequential loss. Warranty is subject to us being satisfied that a defect was not caused by, or was not substantially contributed to by, other factors beyond our control, including (but not limited to): defective installation, maintenance, or repair; alterations or modifications of the product in a manner not recommended by the manufacturer; or any neglect, misuse or excessive use.
To make a warranty claim return product to a Jaycar store within the warranty period and with proof of purchase to provide starting date of the warranty period. Freight to and from the service department is required to be paid by the customer.
Most kits are successfully constructed with few problems; however, once the kit is under construction all warranty is void, as we cannot guarantee assembler's workmanship or components that have been used.
Any statutory warranties applicable to your purchase will be honoured by Jaycar in addition to the warranties set out herein. If there is any conflict between any warranty herein contained and a statutory warranty, the terms of the statutory warranty will prevail.
Freight Charges Relating to Warranty Items
Warranty repairs or replacement of goods is free of charge however freight charges to and from the service department are required to be paid by the customer.
Brass Monkey Fridge/Freezer Warranties
The Brass Monkey Fridge/Freezers/Ice Makers warranty period is 3 years from the date of purchase, unless otherwise stated on the website whilst the Brass Monkey related accessories warranties may vary from 3 months to 12 months.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
If any defect in materials or workmanship in a Brass Monkey Fridge/Freezer product is identified and notified to us within the warranty period then we will, at our discretion repair or replace the product. Jaycar Electronics does not accept any liability beyond this for consequential loss. Warranty is subject to us being satisfied that a defect was not caused by, or was not substantially contributed to by, other factors beyond our control, including (but not limited to): defective installation, maintenance, or repair; alterations or modifications of the product in a manner not recommended by the manufacturer; or any neglect, misuse or excessive use.
To make a warranty claim return the product to a Jaycar Electronics store within the warranty period with proof of purchase to provide a starting date of the warranty period. Freight to and from the service department is required to be paid by the customer.
If you are professionally engaged in some aspect of the electronics industry on a daily basis, you may qualify for a Jaycar Trade Card. This facility is available in TECHSTORE, to provide you with the opportunity to purchase at special trade prices. Simply email us at email@example.com. We can provide you with convenient locations, fantastic service and great prices! Not available for transactions outside Australia and New Zealand.
Jaycar is happy to provide account facilities for the following organisations:
- Schools (government & non-government), TAFE, colleges and universities,
- State & Federal government depts. including research facilities,
- Mining companies,
- TV & radio stations.
ALL "Pty Ltd" companies, Sole Traders or Partnerships must complete an account application form. Simply write to "The Financial Controller", P.O. Box 107 Rydalmere 2116. If you are one of the above you can buy from us on a 30-day (strictly from invoice) account. The invoice will go with the goods or to your accounts payable office (you nominate). Non-payment of monies due will be cause to discontinue supply and to commence recovery procedures.
Recovery of Monies Owed
In the event that Jaycar needs to recover monies owed then all costs of recovering this money will be worn by the debtor.
Techstore - Mail Order & Internet Purchases
For mail order & internet purchases special conditions apply:
- Goods - Aerosols, flammable, heavy and bulky items cannot be sent by post.
- Payment - Via cheque, money order or credit card (Mastercard, Visa, American Express).
- International orders - Please remember you may have to pay customs and importing charges at your end (if applicable). We cannot supply full customs documentation, but all parcels include required custom dockets. Should you require to return goods for any reason from outside Australia it is essential that customs documentation is included. If customs dockets are not included it can be a costly exercise to have the goods cleared by Customs and the customer must pay this charge. Failure to include customs documentation may result in long delays. Note: Jaycar cannot accept any responsibility or liability for the suitability of any product for use outside Australia, nor its compliance with local regulations.
- Freight - Various freight options and rates are given on the order page. Goods cannot be delivered to a post office box via road or air courier service.
- Missing or damaged goods - At Jaycar, we've sent out hundreds of thousands of parcels via post over the last 20+ years and the number of items that have been genuinely lost is less than 0.001%. We've found road and air transportation equally as reliable. However it must be emphasised that our responsibility for the goods ceases when the goods are handed over to the nominated carrier. Risk on the goods passed to you when the goods leave our warehouse. Our checkout page allows you to elect to have goods insured against loss in transit at your cost - otherwise loss of goods in transit is at your own risk. All claims for missing and damaged goods in transit must be lodged with the carrier or local Post Office. If goods have been insured please submit a request online.
- Insurance - If you wish to insure, insurance will cost you 1% of the value of the goods and we are happy to arrange it on your behalf. This insurance covers goods DAMAGED in transit. If you order by phone you will be asked if you wish us to insure on your behalf. Insurance will cost $1 for every $100 value or part thereof eg. if your order is for $145 the insurance will be $2. (Note: Some items such as solar panels, etc. are difficult to ship and have a higher insurance fee of $7.50 per $500). If you do not wish to insure a statement saying 'Insurance Declined' will appear on the order. If you post an order don't forget to consider insurance. We do not automatically issue insurance unless you specify. If you don't mention insurance you will NOT be insured.
- Please understand that company policy is that we do not under any circumstances issue instructions to our shippers to leave shipments unattended when no one is at the delivery location. Shippers also do not ring mobile or phone numbers to confirm deliveries. It is up to the receiver to make arrangements to be at the delivery location to receive orders, or leave authorisation for an agent to sign for them, on delivery.
- Out of stock items - Items under $10 are not back ordered. Please re-order once item(s) are in stock.
- Order acceptance policy - Your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not signify our acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell. Jaycar reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order to cancel your order in full, or part of your order, for any reason. Reasons for cancelling include but are not limited to an error in the price or the product description posted, product availability or if your order has breached our terms and conditions. If your order has been cancelled we will contact you within a reasonable time frame.
Store Locations & Hours
Store locations and hours are located in the store finder on our website.
We are proud of our standing with customers and are keen to get any feedback, good or bad, to improve our service, products, stores - in fact any aspect of our business. So please, do not hesitate to submit a request online.
Jaycar Authorised Resellers/Wholesale Enquiries
A listing of Jaycar resellers in your area can be found on the store finder on this website. For new Resellers visit our website at jaycar.com.au. If you are a reseller of electronics goods you may be able to increase your income by reselling Jaycar products. For more information contact The Reseller Manager on 1300 738 555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For wholesale enquiries, please refer to our main supplier Electus Distribution (Australia: 1300 738 555).
To deliver our commitment to privacy, we will:
- Be bound by, and comply with, the APPs under the Act in relation to personal information,
- Communicate this Privacy Statement to all employees and stakeholders to ensure awareness of their requirement to comply with our privacy standards and to anyone else who asks for it,
- Ensure lawful, fair and unobtrusive means are used to collect personal information that is necessary for our business purposes,
- Collect sensitive information only with the individual's consent and not disclose any personal information to an unrelated third party, except with the individual's consent or where we are required to do so by law,
- Take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information in a secure manner when we have no further need for it or are required to do so by law,
- Ensure only authorised personnel who have agreed to keep personal information confidential have access to the information,
- Take reasonable steps to keep personal information up to date, accurate and complete,
- Provide individuals access to their personal information on request,
- Periodically review and revise this Privacy Statement and related procedures to maintain relevance.
Jaycar recognises and respects the importance of each individual's privacy. This Statement and related procedures ensure all personal information held by Jaycar is handled appropriately and kept confidential.
What Do We Use Personal Information For?
Any personal details you provide will be used for the purpose of dealing with your request, enquiry, transaction or application for employment. This may involve disclosing your personal information to companies within the Jaycar Group, or to service providers who assist us in operating our business. These organisations are required to comply with the principles of this Statement.
For further information contact us on email@example.com or alternatively you can write to Privacy Officer, Jaycar Electronics PO Box 7172, Silverwater NSW 1811, Australia.
We take steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse. When the personal information that we collect is no longer required, we destroy or delete it in a secure manner, in accordance with our documented procedure.
How to Contact Us
For further information contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can write to Privacy Officer, Jaycar Electronics PO Box 7172, Silverwater NSW 1811, Australia.
Click & Collect
After placing a Click and Collect order through our website, the order will not be automatically accepted, nor is it automatically available for collection. Only after the allocated collection store has confirmed the stock is available for collection will the order be accepted, and collection be allowed. A ready to Collect email will be sent once these conditions are met.
Click and Collect is available from all company owned stores. If your products are in stock we aim to have your order ready as soon as possible. Click and Collect may be unavailable during major sales events and promotions. In peak trading periods or where item/s in your order are not available and need to be sourced from another fulfilment location, this may result in delays in fulfilment. In the event of circumstances beyond our control, for example, extreme weather, a flood or fire, we shall not be liable for any delay or failure to make your order available for collection within the estimated timeframe. Collection from stores can only be done during store opening hours unless equipped with external lockers. Store opening hours can be found here.
Click and Collect orders cannot be modified or cancelled once your order has been confirmed. In this instance the order will be collected in your nominated store and then standard returns policy applies. Your Click and Collect order will be held at the nominated store for 14 days, if you cannot collect your order within this period you must contact the store to arrange an extension. Your nominated store will also make every effort to contact you for further instructions. If your order is not collected within 14 days and no extension has been arranged, our customer care team will issue a refund using the same payment method. You will be notified after this has taken place. An administration fee may apply in the instance where you fail to collect your goods within the required time frame.
When collecting your goods at the nominated Click and Collect store, you are required to supply a copy of your Click and Collect Ready to Collect email with your unique order number (printed or on your mobile device). Orders over $250 will require photo ID for the goods to be released.
If you are not personally available to collect the goods, you may appoint a representative, please contact your nominated collection store prior to collection to arrange this. The representative is required to supply a copy of your Click and Collect order confirmation email with your unique order number (printed or on their mobile device) and photo identification at the time of collection.
Click and Collect orders are not available for the purchase of gift cards, cable, non-stocked items or for the purchase of online exclusive products. We reserve the right to change or discontinue the Click and Collect service at any time, without notice.
*Click and Collect is only available at company owned stores.
Jaycar operates under the laws and regulations of the State of New South Wales. Therefore any legal disputes will be conducted in courts or tribunals situated in New South Wales and under the laws and regulations of New South Wales.
All possible care has been taken in the preparation of this website. However, specification and particulars in relation to the products referred to in our catalogue and website are subject to change without prior notice. Some photographs contain samples which are representative only. Stocked item may vary in colour and look. Jaycar will not be held liable for any errors or omissions.
Sponsorship Terms & Conditions
The Jaycar Electronics Group (hitherto known as JEG) Sponsorship Panel has set criteria for evaluating applications for sponsorship and encourages the following communities to apply:
- University technical clubs,
- School-community based projects focused on learning (STEM, robotics, electronics),
- Individual or group engineering projects for community competitions,
- Sporting individuals/ambassadors that include and benefit the greater community,
- Communities and organisations that support people in need,
- Community clubs and organisations supporting the greater community (e.g. CWA, technology assistance programs).
The JEG does not limit any community group or individual from applying however communities that fall outside the set criteria are unlikely to receive Sponsorship. Examples of such communities include:
- Sporting clubs/teams with the sole purpose of enabling members to play,
- Political campaigns and activities,
- Communities with a religious only purpose.
Sponsorship agreements last for one instance per financial year, and a new application must be submitted for any subsequent instance per financial year.
If monetary sponsorship is provided by the JEG it will be remitted via EFT payment. It is an expectation that a registered business will supply an invoice for the agreed sponsorship funds upon request.
By accepting sponsorship from the JEG the sponsored organisation, group or individual agrees that the relevant affiliated company names of the JEG specifically Jaycar.
By accepting sponsorship from the JEG the sponsored organisation, group or individual agrees to supply photos/videos/testimonials/updates as required by the JEG (if applicable); and also acknowledges and gives full rights for the JEG to publish comments/testimonials/photos/videos on company affiliated websites, social channels and all other methods of promotion.
Products/funds are supplied for the agreed sponsorship purpose only. If proof showing the designated purpose is requested by the JEG from the sponsored entity, the sponsored entity must provide it. Failure to do so will result in a breach of the agreement with the sponsored entity required to return the donated item/s/monies.
The JEG does not accept responsibility for products not meeting performance or usage expectations nor any liability for consequential loss from the use of such products.
Special Orders are products that are ordered directly from our suppliers at your request, either in-store or on our website. These items can only be delivered to one of our company-owned stores for you to pick up. Delivery time will vary depending on location and supplier. Jaycar Electronics Group endeavours to ensure the product is available but cannot be liable for any items that may become unavailable at the time of order due to circumstances beyond our control. All orders must be paid in full before orders will be delivered.
Special Order products are covered by our standard trading terms with the exception that Special Orders are excluded from our change of mind return policy so please take extra care to ensure the product is right for you before ordering.
Club Terms & Conditions
Please see here for the full terms & conditions of the Jaycar Club.